Creating a First Website with Dreamweaver CC 2014 shows the basics of how to do just that—create your first website. But not just any website. An HTML5 website that is responsive and looks great on any computer or mobile device, and is complete with rich imagery and navigation, video content, and even a contact form.
Author Paul Trani begins with brief introductions to HTML and CSS. Then you’ll learn how to create a basic web page, add text and images, and style the content with CSS. Paul then shows how to add navigation and links between pages, integrate video and social media (such as a Twitter feed), and create a contact form. The course also covers making sure your layout is “flexible” (i.e. resizes to fit mobile devices) and testing and uploading your site to the web.
- Understanding the Internet and websites
- Adding HTML content to a web page
- Styling content with CSS
- Creating navigation
- Adding more pages
- Creating a flexible layout
- Adding video and animations from Edge Animate
- Linking to other pages and websites
- Creating a contact form
- Creating a responsive site for mobile devices
- Uploading and testing the website