I’m really excited for this year’s Adobe MAX conference in LA. Â So much has happened since the last MAX I thought I’d do a quick recap:
- Apple reversed their 1.3.3 stipulation now allowing for apps to be created with third-party programs (such as Flash Pro and Flash Builder).
- A ton of Android tablets have been released as well as the BlackBerry PlayBook. Which Flash (Pro and Builder) can publish to all of these platforms.
- The #1 app in the App Store currently is a Flash game (Machinarium).
- In China, Baidu (the “Google” of China) had an app contest where “Dr Stanley’s House“, a Flash-based app won. May not seem like a big deal but it’s been played over two million times on Android alone. Â And the winner (Jame Li) took home 100,000 yuans. That’s about a year’s salary in China.
- This summerÂ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 was released, allowing users to publish to many different screens, whether you’re in InDesign, Flash Pro, Flash Builder, Dreamweaver etc.
- AIR 3.0 is on labs, allowing users to tap into native extensions. Think notifications or even a credit card reader.
That is just a short list and I’m sure there are many more. The point is, it’s a dramatically changing world when it comes to technology. Â One year in technology terms is a lifetime in other industries. That’s why attending MAX is important. Learn about what has happened, how to do it, and what’s coming. Â Not sure which sessions to attend? Try mine . 🙂
Adobe CS5.5: Create Content Across Screens and Devices (2 day preconference)
This program is for designers and developers who want to create content that can be easily deployed across screens of all sizes. Â - everything from mobile devices, tablets (including eReaders), to set top boxes. Â You’ll learn the fundamentals of UI/UX design including how to consider different screen sizes, resolution, and input types. Then, learn how to execute the design using HTML5 and the Flash Platform, among other technologies. This lab will cover the latest features in the following Adobe Creative Suite products: Adobe InDesign CS5.5, Photoshop CS5.1, Dreamweaver CS5.5, Flash Professional CS5.5 and Flash Builder 4.5.
- Saturday, October 1, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 2, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Learn the fundamentals of Adobe Flash Professional for web and interactive design, plus the basics of mobile content creation. This lab session will cover different file types, project setup, drawing, video, sound, animation, interactivity, ActionScript, and publishing your experience to various target platforms like the web and mobile devices.
- Monday, October 3, 2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 5, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Learn about creating content for mobile with Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 and expanding the reach of content to more platforms and devices than ever before. In this lab, you’ll get hands-on experience in deploying content on Android, iOS, and other devices. You’ll also learn how Flash Professional CS5.5 delivers simplified workflows through improved project setup and support for new platforms, optimizes content creation and user experience, increases productivity with incremental compilation, and more.
- Monday, October 3, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 5, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Discover specific workflow enhancements available in Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5. This session steps through the process of deploying Flash Professional content on mobile platforms, including Android, BlackBerry, and iOS.
- Wednesday, October 5, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.