Flash Player and AIR Update
- 84 million smartphones and tablets can run AIR applications.
- Thousands of AIR applications have been created. Check out m.flash.com for more.
- Flash Player 10.1 was shipped on over 20 million smartphones.
- Flash Player 10.1 has been downloaded more than 6 million times.
- More than 200 million smartphones and tablets to support Adobe AIR applications by the end of the year.
- Flash Player is expected to be supported on more than 132 million units worldwide.
- 50 tablets are expected to support Flash Player.
David Wadhwani (Adobe SVP) discusses Flash Player and AIR.
One of the biggest enhancements has been Stage Video. Stage video offers improved video performance by optimizing hardware acceleration on desktops, mobile devices, and TVs. Test results show up to 80 percent CPU savings on Windows and Mac OS. Existing H.264 video content on the Web will benefit from Stage Video without any changes to the content. Stage Video support for mobile devices will be available on Android 3.0 â€œHoneycombâ€ and BlackBerry Tablet OS.
Danny Winokur (Adobe VP) discusses Flash Player 10.2, Stage Video, performance updates, and 3D functionality.
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Content Viewer for Android is available now for publishing customers through the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite pre-release program.
David Wadhwani (Adobe SVP) talks about the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
See the Flash Platform Blog for more info.