Paul Trani is Adobe’s Worldwide Web Evangelist focusing on workflows that empower designers to create for the web and mobile devices.
Paul has been an Adobe Certified Instructor and courseware creator for over a decade. A writer and prolific trainer, Paul has earned top author status at Lynda.com and has created a constant stream of content for AdobeTV as well as his own tutorials on www.designupdate.com.
Prior to joining Adobe, Paul led a team of interactive designers and developers at Starz Entertainment producing multimillion dollar web and mobile campaigns.
When he is not traversing the globe he can be found hiking somewhere in the Colorado mountains (and he’s not telling where). Best chance to find him is to follow him on twitter: @paultrani
- March 29, 2010 – Present
Responsible for evangelizing the creative workflow of Adobe products within the context of the Flash platform and HTML5. This includes blogging, social media involvement, technical writing, and video content creation. Â I also spend time presenting technologies to existing customers as well as new customers at conferences and other events. Â The goal being to drive the continued growth of the Flash platform among creative professionals.
- Senior Interactive Designer / Interactive Design Manager
- June 2002 â€” March 26, 2010
Duties include leading a team of Interactive Designers/Developers in creating award-winning online experiences that promote the Starz brand and movie product. In this position I have been able to build a strong team that has executed many multi-million dollar online campaigns that promote Starz and are consistent across media (video, print, etc.). Some of the projects include:
- Interactive Designer and Courseware Developer
- June 2002 – Present
Trilemetry specializes in high-end, custom online communications as well as development of courseware for Adobe. I have been an integral part of this group as their designer, developer and trainer.
- Flash 8 Advanced Design course – Co-Creator
- Flex Getting Started Experience – Asset Creator
- ColdFusion 8 Getting Started Experience – Asset Creator
- An Introduction to Flash Builder – Asset Creator
- Flash Cast – Asset Creator
- Adobe Certified Instructor
- June 2001 – March 2006
Instructor and courseware developer for GT Alliance delivering classroom-based courses in Denver as well as on-site for such companies as Doublclick, MDC Holdings, Los Alamos National Labratory, Carmichael Lynch, and Martin Williams. Average instructor rating is 4.7 out of 5.
Adobe Certified Flash Courses:
- Flash Advanced Design – Asset Creator
- Flash MX 2004 Rich Media Development
- Flash 8 Rich Content Creation
- Design Techniques with Flash
- Macromedia Flash 8 ActionScript
- Flash Application Development
- Flash Video Development
Adobe Certified Dreamweaver Courses:
- Dreamweaver Website Development
Adobe Photoshop Courses:
- Fast Track to Adobe Photoshop – 2-Day Coursebook. Writer, Creator, Publisher.
Moxie Media Group
- Interactive Designer/Developer
- February 2000 – June 2002
Responsible for the design and development of web sites, CD ROMs, DVDâ€™s, and broadcast animation. Responsibilities include all aspects of production including concept, design, animation, and programming. Partial client list include: Arcadis, Hallmark Channel, Invesco Funds, Lucent Technologies, Qwest, Sprint, and Western Union.
COMPANY 39 (a divison of Parsons Brinkerhoff)
November 1998 – February 2000
- Multimedia Designer/Developer
- July 1997- November 1998
Responsibilties include designing and creating solutions delivered via the Internet and CD-ROM. Worked directly with such clients as: Lucent Technologies, StorageTek, Kaiser Permanente, IBM, State of Colorado, and Cabelaâ€™s.
Interactive Television Network
- Motion Graphics Designer
- May 1995 – June 1997
Created the visual identity of the entire network channel, which included the creation of network identity spots, commercials, trailers, bumpers, game introductions for such shows as: Interactive Jeopardy. Catchwords, Quick Play Trivia, Pro Team Dodgeball, Crosswords, Grid Lock, Stud Poker, Blackjack Masters, Press Your Luck and QB1.
Portfolio of Projects
Here is a partial list of projects I’ve worked on prior to 2010:
- Spartacus – Galleries, video, augmented reality etc.
- Crash Press Room
- Neutrogena -Delivered in multiple languages.
- Flex Animated Overview – Yes, that is my voice.
- Arizona Interactive Map Guide – XML-loaded lattitude and longitude, converted and displayed exact locations.
- EcoSports – Design and asset creation (internal team did the programming).
- WorldOrphans.org – Art direction and all Flash design/development.
- BlessmanMinistries.org – Art direction and all Flash design/development.
- Cube Dash Game - Cartoon version of me is on the 2nd floor.
- Arcadis & Arcadis Branding
- Margaret Boyd Photography – All XML-driven.
Sampling of assets I’ve created for demos/tutorials:
- Easy/Early Success with Flash – Adobe MAX 2009 Session
- ActionScript 3 Animation – Adobe eSeminar
- Architecting a Flash Website – Adobe eSeminar
- Creating Your First Website Using Dreamweaver – lynda.com
- Creating Your First Website Using Flash CS4 – lynda.com
- Flash Advanced Design for Designers (FADD) – created this Certified Macromedia Course
- Create Rich Interactive Experiences eSeminar, February 24, 2010 10AM PT
- Oklahoma AIGA presentation – Thursday, May 6, 2010
- New Mexico AIGA presentation – June 2010
Flash 2010 Tour:
- Philadelphia, PA February 26th, 2010
- Minneapolis, MN March 26th, 2010
- New York City, NY April 30th, 2010
- Chicago, IL May 28th, 2010
- Boston, MA June 25th, 2010
- San Francisco, CA July 30th, 2010
- Los Angeles, CA August 27th, 2010
- Saddlebrook, NJ September 24th, 2010
- Toronto, Canada October 29th, 2010
- Dallas, TX November 19th, 2010
2009 Adobe Speaking Engagements:
- Adobe MAX 2009 – Flash sessions
- Rocky Mountain Adobe Camp
- Getting Started with Flash – 5 city summer tour
- Peace, Love, Print Conference (Phoenix, Denver) – CS4 Design Premium sessions
- Adobe MAX North America 2008 – Learning Lab and Flash Session
- IPA Technical Conference – Keynote and Learning Lab
- Adobe Day at Turner Studios – Advanced Flash sessions
- Adobe Day at Pearson – Flash and Dreamweaver
- Promax BDA Conference – Flash, Flash Video, and After Effects
- GAIN Conference
- AIGA Presentations on CS3 and CS4 in Colorado, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Jose, Orlando, Seattle, Phoenix, Boise, Des Moines, Albuquerque
2008-2009 Adobe eSeminars:
- Flash CS3 Professional vs. Flash CS4 Professional
- Creating Cool Animations in Flash CS4
- Creativity Unleased: What’s New in CS4 Design Premium
- Using InDesign and Illustrator to Create Flash Animations
- CS4 Design Premium: Creativity Unleased
- From Pixels to Playback: Adobe Photoshop to Adobe Flash
- Move Your Design Across Multiple Media
- Create and Deploy Print Creative Across Multiple Media
- Create and Deploy Streaming Flash Video
- Advanced Design with After Effects and Flash
- Whatâ€™s New in CS3 Web Premium
- Whatâ€™s New in CS3 Production Premium
- Flash for Video Professionals
- Flash CS3 Crash Course
- Flash CS3 for Web Designers
- ActionScript 3.0 Animation in Flash
- Architecting a Website in Flash