I demonstrate how to create, test, and publish a mobile app that works across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, and BlackBerry Tablet OS) and adapts to either a smartphone or tablet display. The course also tackles the issue of various screen sizes and densities and how to scale and adjust content. Exercise files are included with the course. Feel free to take them and make your own app! Check it out!
What you’ll get out of this course:
- Designing for mobile
- Modifying existing web content for mobile delivery
- Using the accelerometer
- Setting up a mobile project
- How to test and debug
- Optimizing graphics and ActionScript for mobile
- Creating scalable content
- Adjusting for orientation
- Sharing and updating graphics across multiple projects
- Publishing an app to the App Store and Android Market
Probably the chapter I’m most happy about is testing and publishing an app for iOS. A pretty complex process that is boiled down into some very simple steps.